Saturday, May 16, 2009

Prague - Czech it out

Prague's Old Town Square
Pretty cool city here - beautiful castles (apparently there are 100 spires  in Prague), very pretty streets, and fun night life.  Having a good old time despite coming here with no idea what to expect and very little idea of what to see (the Czech Republic is not covered in my Lonely Planet, and I was lazy about getting another guide book).

Highlights so far in Prague: Prague Castle that sits on a hill above the river and has several old cathedrals within; Charles Bridge with it's old statues and dime a dozen local artists; the bar and club scene which can have a very Euro feel; and last but certainly not least the 24 hour bratwurst stands on the street corners (though I think all the sausage and Pilsner Urquell consumption is starting to catch up with me).  

Have one more night here and will spend it with my youngest bro (arrived last night) and my friend Ed from work who was nearby for business (seriously) before Jeremy and I head to Austria tomorrow.  TK had to fly back this morning after an awesome stay.  And now it's nap time.
Street sausage stand

No comments:

Post a Comment