Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lima

Renee and I arrived in Lima yesterday morning and stayed in a nice neighborhood here last night called Miraflores. Lima is a huge city - 9m people - and very modern, especially compared to everywhere else I have been in Peru. Most importantly, there is a 24 hour supermarket across the street (reminds me of Whole Foods) that I just hit up for a luxury item that I have not seen once in South America: pretzels. You can bet that I will enjoy them immensely on my bus ride tonight.

So Renee left this morning, which I was bummed about, but since she still lives in the real world she had to get back. I am heading north this afternoon to Mancora, Peru, which supposedly has one of the nicest beaches in Peru. Will let you know if that is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment