Monday, June 8, 2009

U.S.A. (chant, repeat)

Great to be back in the States. Arrived in Newark this afternoon after an eight hour flight and my parents surprised me at the airport, so I am in Philly tonight and enjoying myself before heading back to NYC tomorrow.

Has been a great three months of travel. Some stats from the two trips:

42 cities/towns visited (either on a day trip or at least one night spent in the location)
16 countries visited
9 different languages encountered

3,400+ miles traveled by train in Europe
3,100+ miles traveled by bus in South America

3: average daily count of gelato consumed in Rome
2: times I was a victim of fly-by pigeon droppings
1: times my debit card was eaten by an ATM (digested whole, successfully recovered)

Thanks to all who were able to meet up abroad with me at some point , and to everyone for all the support over the past few months. My trips were that much better because of all of you. Was a fantastic experience, but it's always nice to come home. Until next time.

JH

No comments:

Post a Comment